News from the UN
The official news service of the UN; the site includes articles, radio and TV coverage, and press releases.
The Economist Magazine
News Media in Your Countries
- China: People's Daily (communist), Global Times (communist), China Daily (government-run). Chinese press is NOT FREE.
- Malaysia: New Straits Times (conservative), The Star (conservative). Malaysian press is NOT FREE.
- Philippines: Manila Bulletin (conservative), The Manila Times (pro-government), Philippine Daily Inquirer (liberal). Philippine press is PARTLY FREE.
- Somalia: Horseed Media (liberal), Shabelle News (independent), Radio Muqdisho (government-run), Garowe Online (independent). Somali press is NOT FREE.
- South Africa: City Press (independent), The Sowetan (liberal). The South African press is PARTLY FREE.
- Spain: El País [Spanish edition] El País [English edition] (liberal), El Mundo (independent, in Spanish only), ABC (conservative, in Spanish only). Spanish press is FREE.
Country Background Information & Statistics
UN Documents Research
Call or e-mail a librarian if you need further research assistance. We're happy to help!(952) 358-8290
Reference & Instruction Librarian
Chat with a Librarian 24/7
Your question may be directed to a librarian from another college when Normandale librarians are unavailable.
Off-Campus AccessAccess Databases from Off Campus
In order to access databases and other Library resources from off campus, login with your StarID and password when prompted. Off-campus access to library databases is only available to current Normandale students, staff, and faculty.
Writing ResolutionsRemember to follow the conference resolution requirements!
|Sample Preambulatory Phrases|
|Alarmed by||Having adopted|
|Aware of||Having considered further|
|Bearing in Mind||Having devoted attention|
|Declaring||Keeping in mind|
|Deeply concerned||Noting with regret|
|Deeply conscious||Noting with deep concern|
|Deeply convinced||Noting with satisfaction|
|Deeply disturbed||Noting further|
|Deeply regretting||Noting with approval|
|Expressing its appreciation||Recalling|
|Expressing its satisfaction||Recognizing|
|Fully aware||Taking into account|
|Fully believing||Taking into consideration|
|Further deploring||Taking note|
|Sample Operative Phrases|
|Calls upon||Has resolved|
|Draws the attention||Strongly condemns|
|Encourages||Takes note of|
|Expresses its appreciation||Trusts|
|Expresses its hope|
Cite Non-UN Documents
Many URLs for UN official documents will not work permanently. To make a stable link, use this URL format: http://undocs.org/DOCUMENTSYMBOL. For example, the stable link to Resolution A/RES/67/97 would be http://undocs.org/A/RES/67/97.